Hello - I hope this newsletter finds you all safe and healthy. What a crazy time we are currently living in. Who would ever thought this is what the start of 2020 would look like.
Im A Renter Can I Afford To Buy
Here is the Top reason renters keep renting:
1. Believe they cannot afford the purchase or maintenance.
2. Believe their credit is not good enough to buy.
3. Believe it’s cheaper to rent.
4. Believe the process of buying is too complicated.
5. Believe they can live in a “better neighborhood” by renting.
DON’T BELIEVE THE HYPE!
There is a lot of misinformation going around social media sites as well as both print and media about qualifying for a loan and/or buying a house. Let’s debunk some of this information.
1. Special first time homebuyer loan programs are back! No money down loans are available again. Chances are, you CAN afford to purchase and maintain a home.
2. I am not sure where this rumor started but you do not need a 800+ fico score to buy a home. There are loan programs available with credit scores of 580+. In addition, we see errors on credit reports all the time! Once those errors are corrected, you may be pleasantly surprised to find out what your credit score really is. (and not what you imagine it to be.)
3. Monthly rental rates have increased 10% (more in some areas) over the last year. Your rent increases. Do you receive tax deductions? Any benefits financially? NO, you just pay more out of pocket.
4. Buying a home is not complicated if you have the proper team in place to explain things to you. Hiring a full time, experienced lender and agent will help you navigate the home buying process. Looking for a tip? Get the following documents together for lender: 2 years W2’s or 1099’s if self employed, 2 recent pay stubs,2 years tax returns, your driver’s license, a list of your debts-car,credit cards,child support,etc; and a list of your assets-stocks, retirement funds, alimony, child support, paid off cars/boats/houses,etc.
5. Each city and each neighborhood in that city are different. A professional agent can provide information on various subdivisions. But remember, mortgage payments stay the same for up to 30 years. (aka life of your loan) Locking in your payment can save you and your family long term in addition to the potential tax benefits.
Ignore the sky is falling mentality and find out the true facts by speaking myself or one of our team members on The Mike Widmer Real Estate Team. We are the best and we only work with the best lenders in our industry!
Latest Blog Posts
Down below are some "Quick Links" that show you specific lists of potential "Propertunities" In Phoenix AZ. If you're looking for a great deal on a home or investment property in the