Real Estate VS Wall Street Stock

Dated: 06/17/2011

Views: 1489

Buy $20,000 worth shares of stock or a mutual fund, and what do you have? Well, unless you are Warren Buffet, you probably just bought a minuscule, tiny, microscopic piece of the company or mutual fund. You get the idea - like 1/100th of 1% (or 0.0001%) of a mid-sized company valued at $200 million. As you can imagine, it is hard to have much of a voice in how a particular company is run, when you own such a minority share of the company. Most investors in stocks have never even seen the corporate Headquarters of the company they are invested in, nonetheless been in the Board Room when key decisions regarding their investment are made. Contrast that with a $20,000 investment in Real Estate. Here you have much more control over your investment. Here's why: It is a truly tangible investment that you can see and touch; Roughly 20% of the value of a typical investment home is land, and land is practically indestructible, so this portion of your investment is quite safe; The remaining ~80% of the value is the structure(s), and even should it burn down, your replacement value insurance will completely rebuild it for you; and YOU decide how to manage the property, what type of tenant you want (this should cover your new mortgage payment and provide extra monthly cash flow), when to sell the property, etc. After the tumultuous ride that so many former Wall Street darlings have seen this past year, weighed down by poor corporate governance, excesses, and bailouts, do you prefer to let them be the custodians of your financial future, or do you prefer to be in control? by Mike Lima, Owner of Freedom Achievers, LLC
Blog author image

Richard Ashby

Ric Ashby is the Designated Broker and founder of Ashby Realty Group, LLC. Prior to forming the Ashby Realty Group, Ric was the top sales person for the third largest Real Estate company in Arizona (....

Latest Blog Posts

UPSIZING YOUR HOME

UPSIZING YOUR HOMEUnfortunately, our homes don't always grow with us.  What may have initially worked fine for a single person, a young couple's starter home, or a family with a newborn can

Read More

New Listing 3613 W SOUSA CT Anthem AZ 85086

Wow.. You be amazed at how cleaned this home is.. It is move in ready! Pride of ownership really shows here!! Custom Wood Shutters and tile throughout the home. Split Master bedroom with huge walk

Read More

Why You Need A Pro In Your Corner

With home prices on the rise and buyer demand strong, some sellers may be tempted to try and sell their homes on their own (FSBO) without using the services of a real estate professional.Real estate

Read More

Some Quick Links That Could Help You Find A Great Deal In The Surrounding Phoenix Market

Down below are some "Quick Links" that show you specific lists of potential "Propertunities" In Phoenix AZ. If you're looking for a great deal on a home or investment property in the

Read More